If the steerer tube thickness is the same, I think you can just have the
threadless fork threaded by a frame maker with the correct die. I believe
that the outer diameters of 1" threaded and threadless are the same (plenty
of people have just installed threadless stems on threaded forks, despite
warnings that the steerer tube is weaker at the threads). If steerer tube
thickness is the same, then the stem should fit in the steerer tube once
the nut is removed from inside the steerer tube - you can check this
yourself with a threaded style stem. If the steerer tube is too thick and
the stem will not go in, you can have the tube reamed or honed to size. If
the steerer tube is too thin, then you may be looking at a new fork or
having the steerer tube replaced in the existing fork.

Laing