I have a hard time believing anyone outside the Riv-fam will find the
curved top tube of the CHG attractive ;) Honestly, the silver-grey proto
looks like a 1990s "multi-track" hybrid bike to me; extremely low key IMO.

It'll be a TIG frame in the ~$900 range (I hope), but more importantly
it'll be the build kit that makes me more comfortable locking it up.  My
Hillborne is well decorated and gets constant compliments (partly due to
the orange, I'm sure) and I've invested over $5000 into it.  The CHG build
would be much more utilitarian and low key - I would go with the most
understated colour option it ends up coming in, such as Greysilver, and it
would inherit many of its parts from the Clem (wheels/tires obviously
notwithstanding).

Basing whether one wants to lock up a bike on perceived attractiveness to
thieves is a flawed system I realize - it's probably more luck of the draw
than anything. But I know I'd be more comfortable locking up a CHG, as long
as I keep my upgradeitis in check.