I'm a fan of the Pletscher double and use it on my regular and currently
only rider (a beat up old Schwinn Traveler built as single speed with
700x38(aka '42mm' Continental Speedrides) and Chocomoose bars)) but
one word of caution is that it will limit tire width when unengaged and in
the 'up position.'  It simply did not fit my 65cm Clem H with 29x2.2
Continental Mountain-something knobbies.  I'm guessing I never tried to
mount the double with the Clem's stock Kendas and likely just kept the
stock kickstand on until after I had swapped the tires... but when I tried
it did contact the edge of the wider knobby tires.

I suppose I could file the kickstand plate bolt hole to allow some side to
side offset and this is certainly an option but I just put the double back
on the Schwinn and I ultimately went back to the stock single leg kickstand
for the Clem which has a more generous outward bend to allow as big a tire
as the frame seems to fit without further manipulation.  I'll likely
revisit the kickstand plate modification when my Clem eventually comes back
home to reclaim its status as my main bike.  It has unfortunately been in
storage since fall/winter and the pandemic/family/work/life has pushed bike
swaps far to the bottom of the list.

Brian Cole
Lawrence, NJ