I don’t have the bike or its parts yet..but I do have this one thing waiting
for it: these Ergon grips in a crisp white color, that I didn’t think the
company still made. I love Ergon grips, but they are only ever available in
black or cork, and both always clash with my bikes. I buy them anyway (because
they’re so lovely to use) but will you look at these? Aren’t they so much
better for a raspberry and cream bike? I think Roberta is gonna twin with me on
her Platypus. Any other #RivSisters want to join us?

I’m off to hunt down some metal fenders now. I didn’t realize that finding
fenders for 700c wheels would be difficult - it seems most (of the ones I like)
are made for the smaller width tires. I was hoping to put my favorite waterfall
fenders (“wavy” by Velo Orange) on the Platypus, but alas, 650b only. And I
don’t like the snakeskin look, so I limit myself further yet.

I’m finalizing the parts order with Will first thing tomorrow, and then
hopefully I’ll have the bike soon! It will be sitting for a while because there
will be no wheels for a good 5 weeks, but at least I can pull it into bed with
me at night and and tell it how much I love it.
Leah