I thought about getting a Herse crank some while ago, but as I ride heels
in / toes out, I need a bit of flare out on the crankarms so that my heels
don't hit the cranks when pedalling. I asked them about this, and was told
that no, the crankarms are straight fore-aft, so I didn't proceed with the
purchase. I also wasn't too keen on a crank with a unique bolt circle that
limits you to a single provider of chainrings.

Nick