John:

You wore out a stainless granny gear?  How in the world?  The original
steel Sugino that came on my Atlantis in '03 still looks good & works fine,
& I've used it (what I thought was) quite a bit.

BTW, if anyone else wants a granny, I've got a couple of 24 & 26 tooth
ones, some aluminum, some stainless.  I collect things "just in case"

dougP