Hi all – I just installed a set of Silver shifters, mounted to Shimano
pods. The rear derailleur is working great, with a light touch. However the
front derailleur requires some serious English in order to shift up (adding
tension). The lever moves normally with the wingnut snugged up when the
cable is detached from the derailleur.

It shifts and holds position so far but the amount of force required seems
excessive. Certainly requires a lot more than the Shimano levers I just
removed.

Is this typical of these levers? If not, does anyone have an idea of how I
might correct?

Cables and housing are brand new, housing ends are clean. No tight bends or
kinks to the housing. Started with barrel adjuster backed out one and a
half turns.

Thanks for the help!