My family used to go camping around Quincy and Graeagle when I was a kid.
Quincy's a really small town (about 1,700) , way up in the northern
Sierras. There's one not-very-big state highway going through town. If you
stole somebody's bike, there's a not-zero chance that both the victim and
the local cops would know exactly where to find you.

Peter Adler
all the world is not Brooklyn, or even
Berkeley, CA/USA