Difference between the the All-Rounder and Mountain is tubing, sloping top
tube, and vertical rear drop outs. The Mountain was supposed to come with
it's own proprietary lug set and some special fork crown, but I think in
the interest of cost savings at the time probably due to the lower number
of Mountains built in comparison to All-Rounders and Road Standards they
just used the same lug set as the All-Rounders. I was always interested to
see what the fork crown was going to look like. My hopes were that they
would do a version of the Ritchey Bi-plane fork crown. May be it is the
fork crown used on the Appaloosa. Rivendell that I know never showed any
copied of the initial Mountain lugset.

The early Rivendell bikes will have small differences between frames due to
the nature of the options available. I had exchanges with Grant about
building with KGB/Breezer drop outs and Rollercam mounts. He said no on the
Breezer style mounts due to the style not being out of style with the
nature of the frame build, but was ok with going with Rollercam mounts. I
eventually decided to stick with cantis.

I think the options were cable stops or shifter mounts  on the downtuble,
extended headtube, contrasting cream painted headtube, braze on types and
numbers and possibly rear spacing.

Reginald Alexis