Off the top of my head:

Peñasquitos Preserve is a nice place to ride. The South side of the creek is
basically a fire road while the North side is a bit more challenging. Nothing a
rigid bike with decent tires couldn’t handle. I used to commute through there
on 29 x 2” tires and I could easily go with narrower tires. It is central and
has easy freeway access on both the East and West sides.  There’s a nice
waterfall area about midway through and a round trip is about 12 miles with
options to extend that. It’s pretty flat there but you can climb if you want
via side trails.

Mission Trails has lots of options and is a huge park and pretty central as
well. You can hop in from a number of spots including La Mesa, Santee and
Tierrasanta.

Sycamore Canyon runs from Poway out to Santee and is a nice ride. Just be
careful not to ride onto military land.

The Elfin Forest has some nice trails but has some climbs. It’s up near
Escondido so a trip to the Stone brewery/restaurant is good for carb loading
afterwards if the Governor hasn’t shut it down.

Daley Ranch in Escondido has some nice trails but I haven’t been in a while. I
used to ride there a lot.

Lake Hodges is a nice place to ride and can be accessed from right off of the
15 in Rancho Bernardo or from other places around the lake. Lots of different
trails to choose from and fire road riding is there if you don’t want
singletrack.

Robert Tilley
San Diego, CA

Sent from my iPhone