Andy:  ha, I appreciate the compliment, but the environment gets all the
credit for the beauty of the photos; I just haphazardly waved my cell phone
around and pushed the button.

Robert:  I did!  Although I was riding with one other person who fell once
(was OK), and my Instagram story of the ice resulted in a half-dozen
replies from locals who had fallen on the ice that day!  Studded tires are
something I plan to get for my commuter next winter, when I'm back to
actually commuting. We have a mild winter here but there's certainly a
bunch of frosty mornings over winter that make cycling quite dangerous
without studs.