OK, this can get me in trouble.  Keep in mind this is MY option.  YMMV
of course.

Rich crossed US before (he is talking about doing it again btw), he
knows touring bike, and what kind of wheels you need.  He also has a
tandem, xtracycle and other all rounders type of bike.  So he knows
touring and what to make a wheel last.

Len used to race, tubulars world. Currently his Della Santa is Dura
Ace 10s with Downtube index shifter.

I can say all my Rich wheels NEVER has a problem before, has not true
them once, no broken spokes.  Some of the road in SF can be a little
rough.

I also have wheels Len build, a set of Campy Centuar hub with FIR Tour
rim, he trued them once after 10 years.  The nipples are turing green
but I plan on riding them until something break.  He build a Chorus/OP
wheel for me, it

So, IMHO, either one can build you a set of wheels that last a long
time.  They come from different background but their wheels last for
me.  For ref. I weight 165 and most of my wheels are 32 spokes, a few
28 and a few 36.

Ron