Andrew, Rodriquez Frames in Seatlle has made many a mixte/step thru frames
over their extensive history (since the early 70's). I believe the www is
rodbikes.com .  Their modest prices are for non-custom geometry, $200 extra
for full custom. They have a photo gallery of their nearly 600 frames they
have made. (Lots of scrolling !) In looking at their low-tube frames, keep
in mind the proportions of the frames you are viewing.... meaning most have
fairly short front-centers compared to say what Riv is making at this time.
A longer front-center allows for more creativity in the curve of the "top"
tube near the seat tube, allowing for better foot clearance. Seeing that
their frames are custom, a longer front-center would be doable. Yes they
know how to make "long" bikes as they just happen to specialize in tandem
frames. They also just so happen to still like and offer 26" wheels for
appropriate frame models. They also like rim brakes, but do offer the
choice of disc.