First and foremost, I am glad that you have come through surgery okay. What
a terrifying, anger-inducing incident!

I don't understand what is going on in the world... I don't think this is
an issue specific to your locale, but rather seems to be something so many
are experiencing across the US. It's unfortunate that these young people
found it acceptable to behave in such an obviously intimidating and
destructive manner. The fact that others experienced similar issues the
same days speaks volumes to their intent and I do hope that there will be
restitution for you (and perhaps even others who seem to have been
assaulted as well).

I think others have well-described the parts/pieces to have checked and it
seems as though you've found a shop to help you, but I think like others
here, I am just in shock at the way people will behave (and it was learned
somewhere, which means there are others, older perhaps, who behave in a
similar manner).

Be well... and I hope you are able to get back to riding very soon.