On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 9:00 PM, Earl Grey <earlg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Shaun,
>
> what do you find to be the sweet spot for the 38 Racers, and what's
> your combined bike/rider/luggage load?
>
> Gernot

I'm not really sure how much my bike weighs but it's a 68cm Atlantis.
I typically don't carry a whole lot of stuff with me. I have a Nitto
Top Rack with a Big Loafer, in which I carry tools, tube, pump, rain
shell, etc. I weigh about 230 pounds these days. So I would say that
the total weight is probably in the neighborhood of 275 pounds. I
always default to the max recommended pressure when I inflate my tires
on account of my size; so initially I had the Racers inflated to 85
PSI. They rode fine at 85 but I noticed that after they lost some air,
they actually rode quite a bit better. The "sweet spot" for me seems
to be around 75 PSI.

Shaun Meehan