Manny,

I can't really offer any mechanical advice, but I do know of a shop in
San Francisco that rebuilds lots of bikes of this vintage. They've
helped me fix up an 80's Azuki mixte I acquired a few month ago. It's
a small shop close to Pier 39 and the vibe is low-key.

Citizen Chain: http://www.citizenchain.com/

Now it's up to me to complete the aesthetic transformation for this
bike, into a French porteur style... someday

- Cheryl "ever procrastinating on my bike project" Mitchell