The only area I am aware of that goat heads are an issue is one section of
the main north/south multi purpose trail (Jordan River Trail) and SLCo has
an active eradication program. The trail is usually very clear of them but
the shoulders can trap them in the cinders/gravel. Your current tires will
be perfect for most of your riding here.

Feel free to DM if you have any questions you'd like to ask a fellow
mid-atlantic transplant.