Jason -- I'm one who loves natural finishes and the way things look as they
wear out. Patinated copper, weathered cedar, diamond plate steel thresholds
with 100 years of foot traffic.

There isn't a paint that can compete with the subtle gradations in steel or
*especially* the sweet brass brazing around the lugs. Few things are as
lovely as that delightful blend of copper and zinc.

I understand there may be issues with corrosion over time but if regular
spot-coating gives you enough peace of mind to roll on then I'd say keep it
as is.

I'm not much for decals, either. The head badge is plenty! Subtlety can be
sublime.