@Me: Thanks, enjoy the route. There's a few sections with traffic and
no shoulder but I'm sure you'll manage, just be mindful. This was my
first time riding this route on the weekend and there was way less
traffic than on a weekday.

@HR: I don't know what the true measurement of the tires is. I imagine
less than 40, possibly around 37.5 but I don't know for sure. I
mentioned in some other threads I've been using JBs and Panaracer T-
Serves both of which are fine. These tires feel heavy but not as
"dead" as I would imagine. They're definitely better for dirt
excursions than the JBs or T-serves. I imagine before summer is over
I'll try some Marathon Supremes in 700x40.

As for clothing, no chaffing. Last summer I toured for 8 days in a
similar kit (MUSA shorts rather than knickers). The longest I've
ridden in this kind of kit was 120 miles last year. It's fine.

I did have a rain jacket with me, a fairly nice Shower's Pass. I don't
know. I'm pretty tired of all rain jackets. All of them flap
excessively in the wind and after a while they all get kind steamy and
uncomfortable. Wool keeps you warm even when it's wet... to a point. I
can't remember what model SP jacket this is but I gotta say, I almost
enjoy my REI budget model jacket better, it's just a lot bulkier. But
you know, if I'm gonna be riding with luggage (Carradice bag) I might
as well bring it instead of the SP.

--mike