Irish Spring soap (shaved or grated) seems to deter mice. I had a nest in
my AC unit beside the house, and one in my snowblower. (And we have cats!)
A pile of soap shavings took care of them. They recommend the same for pop
up campers that have lots of fabric to chew on. Maybe a cheescloth bag of
soap shavings in the bag would work?

Marty