I add my vote of confidence for the 5-rail Pass and Stow. I had mine for
several years on a Pugsley, carrying my winter commuting and shopping loads
in a Porcelain Rocket x Monkey Wrench Cycles bag. The dynamo wiring
accommodation is outstanding. Though useful, I found the setup on the
Pugsley a bit cumbersome for anything but transport hauling.

I recently moved the rack to an Albatross'd 1993 Trek 950. Quite *unlike*
on the Pugsley, the Trek handles beautifully with the rack. Unloaded or
minimally loaded, I can ride no-handed as if the rack weren't there. A
heavy grocery load slows the steering down considerably, but not
unpleasantly.

I should add that, when I decided to move the rack from the Pugs to the
Trek, Matt didn't have sets of spare legs listed on the Pass and Stow
website. I e-mailed to inquire about purchasing the correct legs, and he
got right back to me. I had the set of legs a couple weeks later. He also
included a complete set of fresh hardware. Installation was a breeze.

If I had not sold my AHH several years ago to fund a custom, I think I
would have a silver 5-rail rack on it now.

--
Bob