I had a good if short ride today from friend's house in the Mira Vista
development -- No a half mile to Bellario, then W to Oakmont Park, around
and about the park, and W on the river trail, which tho' pleasant has
trails to narrow, winding, and crowded for more than very slow riding, then
back to Bellario W until it looked as if it would no longer be pleasant,
then back E on Bellario to the park again, back to the River trail past the
parking lot and road to another path that petered out at an intersection,
back home, 16.5 miles.

I'd like to extend my ride tomorrow, and another cyclist I waylaid to
inquire recommended:

Gateway Park. I can't seem to get Maps to show me how to get there from
Mira Vista.

A trail South (?) off Bellario past a church with a flag (?) that "will
take you almost all the way to Ft. Worth."

I realize that these descriptions are very vague, but can anyone shed more
light on them? Again, my start will be basically Bryant Irvin and Mira
Vista.

I brought the Matthews RBFD thinking it would give me the option of some
firmer dirt, but I think a road bike might have been been the better
choice. Still, I discovered that the wonky cornering along the tight
corners of the Oakmont/Trinity River trail was due to misreading the front
tire's pressure, which was 15 psi instead of the planned 22 psi. Corrected.

Anyway, very pleasant weather, low 80s and modest humidity, and the terrain
is my favorite: rolling, some steep climbs, but none more than a mile long.
Should have brought the fixed gear. But the Matthews really does climb well
for its bulk.

Thanks for any pointers.

Patrick Moore, presently in Ft. Worth, TX.