Sharp looking bike.  I run RH Snoqualmie Pass tires on my Hillborne and use
the widest Mr. Tuffy's available for 700c tires.  That stops a lot of
goatheads, though the protection is primarily in the center of the tire,
about 33mm wide protection area.  So occasionally one will get through
outside the protection zone.   Thankfully here is SoCal, goatheads are a
problem in the fall only.