I should clarify that the area pictured is wonderful in that it is so much more
green and wooded than the surrounding high desert; even though it is far less
lush than, say, the green of the parks I rode through in Ft Worth recently.
It’s watered by the Rio Grand just a couple of hundred yards away, and by the
parallel ancient system of “aceqias” — irrigation canal.

Patrick Moore
iPhone