On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 4:08:01 AM UTC-7 ascpgh wrote:

> …
> I actually had a guy (on a CFRP bike obviously with integrated shifters
> and under 30 spokes total holding his 6" section rims to his hubs) look at
> my bike with bar end shifters and proclaim them unsafe and that ride rules
> should prevent such dangerous things from being operated amongst all the
> "safe" riders and their equipment. "He has to move his hands away from the
> brakes to change gears". No shift, Sherlock.

Wow! Wait until he gets a look at my Atlantis. Not only do I have to move
my hands way, *way* over to the downtube to manipulate the shift levers, I
also don't have any retention devices on my pedals and shoes! OMG! And my
saddle…it's shiny leather! How do I do it? Well, at least I compromised
with index shifters (switchable to friction).