Erik's 100% right on about steel's resiliency. The mechanic was pretty
amazed that the Atlantis was able to go back into perfect alignment with
relative ease. Especially considering the wheels , bars, brake levers, etc,
were comically bent up.
I'm sorry to hear about everyone's wrecks. I feel like I got off so easily
considering. The guy who did it drove off but I happened to be present
enough get his license plate number. Three joggers witnessed the whole
thing and were kind enough to stay as witnesses. The officer who filed the
report came up to me as I was being loaded into the ambulance to let me
know that they caught him in downtown Nashville. His insurance company
covered everything. I think they were happy that I wasn't filing a lawsuit.
Kind of a strange night in the sense that despite the negativity of that
pecker doing a hit and run, the joggers, police officers, doctors, and
emt's made my faith in humanity even stronger...I still remind myself of
that night when I start to feel misanthropic feelings coming on.
Anyhow Ben, I'm glad you're ok. If you're anything like me, it takes about
a week of riding again before I start feeling confident again after wrecks.
I also want add that if aluminum bars bend(or any aluminum parts), get new
ones. It's not BS. The lose their resiliency with bending and strong
impact. I have a Laser Helium helmet and would recommend it for
ventilation, comfort, and adjustment. I'm also in the muggy southeastern
US. Also I don't think helmets are capable of looking cool outside of this.
[image:
Unknown.jpeg]