Ahhhh... just before I posted this, I realized you have a 650B (which is
essentially a Saluki in 56). My comments below the line were for a 700C
Hilsen. I think you'll find any reference to Saluki clearances would be
appropriate.

There is a thread here which chats a bit about Saluki v. Hilsen
https://groups.google.com/g/rbw-owners-bunch/c/5JKIpW9dQTA

In that thread, you will find reference to a fendered Saluki with 42's.

------ 700C comments ----

I still run Jack Browns (bulky 33 1/3) on mine and there is gobs of room.

On this page, you can see Pasela 37's and plenty of space to spare -
http://www.cyclofiend.com/rbw/hilsen/index.html

Original RR article introducing the 700C Hilsen stated clearance for 40
with fenders. (you'll find a hi-rez archived scan on that page as well).

- J