Hello Patrick,

I would avoid the Giro Rumble if I were you. I had a pair for summer
commuting a few years ago and they fell apart after a couple of months.
The stitching behind the toe box came loose, and the sole came away from
the shoe at the back because it's not very securely attached. If they're
not up to commuting, I doubt they'd be much good for light hiking either.

I currently have a pair of Vaude ASM Tsali Mid STX that I've had for more
than 2 years, and there's still a bit of life in them. These are more like
a 2-3 season shoe, whereas the Rumble is more 1-2 season. The Vaudes have
lasted pretty well through every kind of riding I do. Bit too warm in full
summer, but they are pretty close to a proper hiking shoe and are nice to
walk around in.

Johnny in Belgium