I ran an Altus on my Atlantis with a 12-36 9 speed cassette and a 42/34/19
triple for a week on the GDMBR and had no troubles other than being laughed
at by another cyclist for my selection of a rear derailleur.  What can I
say - it worked.  I decided to switch to the Altus for that ride because I
had it and it has amazing chain wrap, which I thought would be desirable
with that 19t granny.  It has been two years now and it is still on the
bike.

Bill S
San Diego