I just tried to put Mini Motos on my Appaloosa with 50mm Big Apple tires
and SKS fenders. It was not even close to fitting. I am sticking with
cantilevers on it for now because I don't want to take the fenders off. I
was kind of disappointed.

Maybe if I step down to 45mm tires and no fenders, the brakes will work.