That sounds like quite a treat...

It'd depend on how the bikes are setup, weight distributed, etc. but
probably the homer for the following reasons:

   - Mostly road and I am a light person, so I'd fall under the recommended
   weight limits
   - The mental aspect that I am taking a *slightly lighter* bike
   - Whichever bike has drops and wide slick tires (I realize this can be
   both)
   - It feels like a more Italian countryside appropriate bike than the Joe
   (less tubes, traditional angles, etc.)

But again, whichever is better setup for the type of riding you described
would be the one to go with. As everyone here knows, you can make each one
the bikes feel very different or very similar based on wheels, tires,
cockpit, etc.

Collin, smoky with jealousy, in Sacramento