Hi all,
I bought my Sam Hillborne built up with Grand Bois centerpulls (with the
stirrup for mounting on the brakes bridge, not posts). I have been sort of
disappointed/concerned by the stopping power. I take my Sam all over the
place, and probably descend on some trails that blur the line of MTB
territory. I have seen people with Sams (sans canti posts) running tetro
R559, and Riv's own site sells them. I'm just wondering if making the swap
would buy me some stopping power. The Grand Bois brakes are beautiful, and
twice the cost of the tektro, but I would prefer some downhill peace of
mind over prestige and good looks. Anyone have opinions or experience with
either/both?
Thanks,
Brent