Yup Patrick, you’ve got it. I started as a paper boy in 1963 when I turned
12, the legal age for that kind of work in NYC at that time. So got my
shiny gold English Racer in the spring of 1964.

I remember riding it on this wonderfully “hidden” road through park woods.
That was actually the Vanderbilt Parkway, a private early 20th century road
abandoned by the plutocrats who built it and back in my early 10-speed days
truly off-the-grid. Now it’s a multiuser trail that lots of people use.

Dave, who notes that hidden roads trails and paths in big cities are very
cool