Hey Joe, thanks for the great ride route last weekend.
I ordered the Advient 9 long cage clutch derailer (to replace the SRAM GX
10 speed that gave me trouble last ride - bent and stripped b-limit screw
lead to stripped threads in the derailer itself, fixed now [with new m4
bolt and some lock nuts] but still leaves much to be desired).
I'll report back after installing and riding it for a while. If that
doesn't work my next rear derailers to try will be:
Sunrace RD-M900 ($44 clutch 9 speed medium cage with 2x capacity up to 46t
and 1x capacity up to 51t)
Box Components Three Prime 9 X-Wide ($75) or Two ($125) - also with clutch,
similar or same capacity.

Forever trying to get the ideal rear derailer with friction shifter,
Abe