This has been an interesting discussion to read for me too!  I'm in a
similar-but-different place, spurred by the cost to paint the Bombadil
(which, I'm willing to pay, but it does force you to think long-term),
where I'm considering making my Hillborne into the "heavy" bike and getting
a Homer from the upcoming batch to be the "light" bike.  I know they're
very similar bikes, but then again, I love my Hillborne enough to have
considered just two Hillbornes built differently on more than one
occasion!  I think the fact I'm 160lbs soaking wet has a lot to do with
it.