It is amazing to me how much people ignore body proportions when choosing
bicycle components. PBH and torso length are not a constant ratio. I have
short legs and a long torso - several standard deviations from average.
What works for me will not work for most other people. I have never found a
swept back bar that I like, not necessarily because of the bars, but
because a normal frame simply has a top tube that is several sizes too
short. My custom has a top tube that is over 3" longer than the seat tube.
There is no stem made that is long enough for me to use Bosco bars on a
normal frame. I bought a Rosco Baby, not because I have a baby, but because
I wanted the extra frame length. I changed the Boscomooses on my loooong
Mystery Bike to Wavie flat bars. Whenever I heard or read about people
complaining about frames that had too long of a top tube, I thought - ooh,
maybe that is a frame for me, but even those were still not long enough.
For many, many years I rode frames that were "too big" for me with 120 mm
stems (my 22" 73 Paramount P-15, bought new in 75) . Years ago I got a 24"
Paramount P-15 with a 140 mm stem and decided, wow- this stem is actually
too long. I cannot ever see myself using Chocos, but they may be perfect
for many others - those with long legs and short torsos.
But since I found Rivendells, my current searches are for pedals wide
enough for my EEEE feet.

Laing
proportionally deviant in Delray