I've had seatposts slip and fixed them in 4 ways:

1. Clamps with integrated bolt: Lots of blue Loctite, tho' I think there
may be a (green?) version meant just for this.

Fiber gel meant for CF seatposts also seemed to work, but I didn't rely on
that as long as I did the blue Loctite. Blue L did work, but use it
liberally.

2. Separate clamps: Buy a stouter one and tighten it harder. This worked
with my Chauncey Curtrivroadclone with elegant, delicate, relieved external
clamp that would not tighten down hard enough -- in fact I cracked it, then
bought a beefy one and that has worked fine.

3. Shim. Beer can (soda cans are not worthy of Rivendells) metal did work,
but this is cheesy.

4. Get a new seatpost (see immediately below). My ultra-expensive and
ultra-light and ultra-elegant Syncro ti seatpost kept slipping, about 1/2"
per mile, on one of my road bikes, and after playing with shims and Loctite
I replaced it with an American Classic in aluminum that fit fine. Both 27.2
mm.

While seatpost and seattube combinations have the infinite variety of
personality types and sand grains on the beach, this problem does come up
often enough on this list that I'd think Riv would want to add the matter
to their FAQ page.