Speaking of IGHs generally and Rohloffs particularly -- and remaining
within RBWlist canons for relevance, since we're talking about using these
with Rivendell frames:

Has anyone used or heard first-hand particulars about the Kindernay hub?

Me, at this point I'm not interested in buying either Rolhoff or Kindernay,
only weird old SAs, but I *am* very interested generally in IHG technology.
(I think it one area where tech advance could serve cyclists, and not only
urban utility cyclists, very well. Closer ratios with sufficient range
would be a great blessing.)

Jay, have you thought of a custom frame for Riv-like geometry with IGH and
discs? I know that in general a custom can accommodate odd specifications,
per my 2 Matthewses (60+ mm tires + 80 mm fenders and sub 160 mm Q; 114 mm
OL hub with 42 mm tires and fenders and sub 150 mm Q; not to mention all
sorts of weird braze ons).

Patrick "AM, TF, TC" Moore

On Wednesday, December 29, 2021 at 12:55:48 PM UTC-5 Jay Lonner wrote:

> At the risk of derailing the topic (pun semi-intended) the lack of IGH
support on Rivs has become an issue for me. I had a Gus in my cart when
they went on sale recently - my size, my color - but ultimately didn’t go
through with it because I really like the Rohloff that I have on my Bike
Friday. I know it’s possible to kludge it, but I’d prefer to have a bike
that has the proper dropouts and brazeons to begin with. Anybody know of a
maker who offers a frame with Hillibike features that’s designed to
accommodate an IGH and disc brakes? The Tumbleweed Prospector and Surly
Ogre come close but don’t have the long wheelbase. Riv’s designs are
influential so I suppose it’s only a matter of time…