All I can say is it's perfectly good to ride alone. Way back when I rode
with some groups that were race oriented and I enjoyed them at the time but
I couldn't fathom such these days as I really enjoy riding alone for a
multitude of reasons all of which are way beyond the confines of this
"group intention". See the parallel with "group rides"?  With this group
for example I've written and erased more replies than I've actually sent as
they either don't fit in the confines of the group or more often the case
in forming a opinion/point, I realize whatever importance I had placed on
it originally no longer applies, it's as if in acknowledging it , what I
thought was the point has disappeared. So whatever goal that may arise as a
reason for the ride, I can't hold on to it, it's like a passing cloud. Poof
and it's reformed itself into another, and another ... etc.

So what was the reason for this reply again ?  Poof !
Ahahahahahahahahaahaaa !