Thanks for all the thoughts. I have reservations about buying this frame at
this price, but that's alleviated by the knowledge that it's for the
museum. In any case, I will go see it, and probably decide later in the
week.

I don't actually have a Riv at the moment, I have one of those gravel bikes
that I will likely sell for a Riv. Whether it's a 1995 one or a new one, I
don't know.