Do feel that my Sam Hillborne works well with drop bars.   However,
the riding position is eversoslightly longer than I'd call absolute
perfect.  But my own setup for bar reach is based on this type of
thinking - http://tinyurl.com/yokuh9

It's the way I did things before was even aware of that Mr. Moulton's
post on the subject.  Yes, my bars are above saddle height.  Although
have lowered things recently on the Hillborne so they are only about 2
to 4 cm above saddle level.  With a 10cm Dirt Drop stem on my 56cm
Hillborne everything is close enough.  In retrospect, a 60cm frame
would probably look better (less seatpost showing).  However, the
reach would be too long.

As to the Hunqapillar, the extra 1.5cm in top tube length on the 58cm
would have required me to look for a 7cm stem, if I was going to use
drop bar on that bike.  Or, probably, run with the bars 4 to 6cm above
the saddle height.

Did straddle a 62 (or 61?) cm Quickbeam last year.  With an 11 or so
cm stem.  The reach had my arms totally straight out and was extremely
uncomfortable.  Although that should be the proper frame size for my
measurements.

Am 5'11" with a PBH of 89.  Am also overweight.  So maybe my own setup
preference is due to less ability to really tuck down and get into a
nice flat back aero position?

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN