"The hub or freewheel noise or lack thereof is all part of a bike's
personality. I have loud WI freewheels and I have quiet Shimano Deore
freehubs."

This is true. I present the discussion as a discussion because I find it
mildly interesting, I'm afraid I've left the impression I consider it a
real problem I need to solve. Nope! I'm just not likely to put this hub on
another bike.