I drove that car on hundreds of miles of Forest Service double track and
"roads" as my shuttle for rides in those Ozarks. It's not "drifting" if
it's what you have to do to keep the windshield pointing where you want the
car to go. "Plowing" was what my SAAB 99EMS before the Fiat did until I
learned the Flying Finn, Rauno Aaltonen's left foot braking technique to
correct understeering and introduce oversteer. Operational mastery of my
string shitty little cars was fun greater than anything possible with any
new model of any price. There's a bicycle analogy there.

Yeah, I'm experiential across the board. I don't feel drawn to do the same
route again, let alone need to optimize it. I gave up all that competitive
stuff when I ended my competitive shooting. I know what commitment and full
life immersion feels and tastes like to be ready for competition at the
highest level and it isn't as simple as a day job professional buying team
kit and a $10k bike.

Andy Cheatham
Pittsburgh