That's an interesting question (the noise one related to my thread). My
Rohloff hub makes various noises that I find soothing, the freewheel buzz
on my WI hub is somewhat intrusive. So yes, I do have "Zen rides" but
they're not necessarily achieved through quiet. There's lots of sounds
external of the bike out there that contribute, too.

Joe Bernard