It has been my experience that the twine in the Riv wrap unravels fairly
quickly if you don't cement it in place with shellac. I suppose you could
also saturate it with wood glue or some similar absorbable adhesive. I am
not normally a shellacker of bar tape; it's a messy job, and shellac dries
out fast if you don't use it up. Furthermore, I think the normal run of
plastic end tape options are uggo on oldie bikes. That's why I subscribe to
the stem-to-end religion.

Peter Adler
Berkeley, CA/USA