Rich, that's a nice bike and color too! Reminds me of the "tusk" of the
MB-0 I had long ago.

Those Dia Compe brakes have that aesthetic of  Mafac (and Paul Neo Retro)
cantilevers. I agree with your riding/handling impressions and of Johnny as
well. My bike's finish in that color was chosen by my consorts to the Coast
shop who saw and insisted on the "French Vanilla" upon seeing his recent
NAHBS bike awaiting shipment.

Andy Cheatham
Pittsburgh