I spent a few days with a friend exploring Las Cruces, NM and the northern
half of the Monument Loop 2.0 (
https://bikepacking.com/routes/monumental-loop/).  I rode my Hunqapillar
and found it equal to the task.  The Monumental Loop contains paved roads,
paved bike paths, gravel paths, dirt roads of varying quality, single
track, and sections of hike-a-bike trails.  I find the desert therapeutic,
especially in early spring!  The camping spots we found were beautiful and
remote. We divided the northern half of the loop into three 45ish mile
days, which was the perfect pace at which to enjoy the scenery, to eat
meals in a few of towns we passed through, and to insure remote camping
spots.

Photo of the Hunqapillar here:
https://erlhouston.smugmug.com/Family/2022/Monumental-Loop--March/i-JwThrQ3/A

More highlight photos of the trip here on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbuahSlu6FA/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbxCEBbuTbw/?utm_medium=copy_link

All the photos from the trip here on SmugMug:

https://erlhouston.smugmug.com/Family/2022/Monumental-Loop--March

Hoping everyone can enjoy their favorite type of riding in 2022!

Erl

Kensington, MD