I've been in a similar situation where I bought a used frame that was
damaged in shipping. I never thought once of returning it even though it
required the work of a frame builder. It was a perfect fitting bike, and it
was at-hand..... why would I return it ? Fix it and ride it baby !  I
wasn't going to let a damaged dropout stop that.

Paint scrapes on an otherwise intact bike , The disappointment or whatever
emotion that arises, passes like water under the bridge.... look ! ...
there it went !
When I was kid during summer my head seemed to have an affinity for rocks,
hose ends, hockey sticks, and anything else that could fly through the air.
ER visits requiring stitches were no big deal. ((( shrugs )))  yeah .... so
what ? Is that all there is to a few stitches ? ((( laughing ))) Really ?
They give me a band-aid to cover the boo-boo and I was back to playing, as
what is One's nature but to Play ? It's the most natural thing in the world
.
So play !

Like that Peggy Lee song .....
*Is That All There Is ? *

*If that's all there is .... (to this, that and the other so called wrongs
of the world) ..... then let's keep dancing ......*

Testors paint, from my experience, will offer that vibrant, deep richness
of that Orange paint. I've used nail polish but while the bottles looked so
promising, in practice it just didn't have that depth the Testors does, at
least the nail polish I tried. There's so many .... sheesh..... it makes
your head spin. Maybe some brands offer better depth. Back in the day, one
winter, I was feeling creative and hand painted some of the lugs orange on
my Silver '83 Stumpjumpet with Testors and yes, that stuff is tough, and
richly toned. Just painted right over the silver and they were a nice bold
Orange with no see through !