A funky monkey could only be used if you changed to a 27.2 seatpost with
the proper seat tube shim. The Roco has a 29.8 post.

If the seat lug teardrop thingy didn't go so far down you could attach a
31.8mm front drop cable stop with either a curved or flexible noodle to
adjust for the angle, but it's there so that won't work either.

The Tektro fork mounted hangers look fine and all on a computer screen.
When the rubber meets the road however, it appears the rear brake bridge is
like the Susie, with the threaded hold facing down. Besides, even if you
could attach it, those hangers on the rear place the cable stop notably
offset (rearward) from where a frame mounted cable stop would be. I tried
it on the Susie.

All of that though .....well why should one have to go through all those
hoops when the entire problem is one of omitting the cable stop bridge ?
((Yes I know, I'm just howling to the moon and the Moon ain't replying,
teeheehee)) They cost about $1.95 from a frame supplier, retail. For a
builder, ummm .... pennies. Labor involved, c'mon ..... do we really want
to go there ?  So it surely can't be about penny pinching, especially on a
$1350 frame. So why not include it ?(((again ... how-ooo-ling))) I could
make all sorts of not so nice assumptions but they'd be no more than that.
There is really no excuse for not having one.  Canti brakes are not going
away. There's plenty to choose from still, so no that's no excuse.

I'm okay with not getting one though as it wasn't exactly what I'd like in
frame anyways. I have a Susie and as of now I have no desire to even build
it, let alone ride. Through all this I realize I happen to really like
"regular" diamond shaped bikes that take stock length chains and can be
used with either drop bars or say a Albatross/stache bar, not one of those
monster swept back bars. While I'll never rid myself of the Bombadil I
don't think I'll ever buy another Riv. That's not knock, just my preference
from what feels natural to me, that's like my custom Franklin
road/sport/touring kinda frame.