Anyone trying to do a parts bin friction 1x system, you could try using an
old left hand front shifter as the rear shifter. Mine was a front bar end
 friction shifter, now on a Paul Thumbie. I run it on the right underside
of grip and it shifts my 1x10 micro shift derailer through a 11-50 tooth
cassette great. I use 10 speed chain. Probably could have used an old deore
9sp rear derailer and gotten away with not buying a new one.